Strider Balance Bikes are industry-leading training bikes that help children as young as 18 months learn the fundamentals of balancing, leaning and steering, without the distractions and complications of pedals or training wheels.
The Striders simple, no-pedal design builds confidence and eliminates fear by allowing kids to have their feet on the ground and progress at their own pace. This unique design teaches young children balance on two wheels right from the start, avoiding developmental delays typical with tricycles and training-wheel bikes.
Genuine Strider Balance Bikes are sometimes referred to as push bikes, scoot bikes, run bikes or running bikes. The US Patented Strider Balance Bikes are the lightest balance bikes in their category (6.7 lbs.), have the lowest seat height (for the youngest starting age), and are tested to the most stringent safety standards (age 18+ months vs. the less stringent 36+ months). Frame-integrated footrests, proprietary toddler-sized components and the ability to easily adjust to a growing child, make the Strider the only bike your child needs to develop their riding skills and successfully transfer onto their first pedal bike or dirt bike WITHOUT training wheels.
Balance Bike Specifications:
- Ages 18 months to 5 years
- Super lightweight: 3.0 kg/6.7 lbs.
- Durable, US patented steel frame
- No-tool assembly
- Quick-release padded saddle and handlebar clamps
- Extra-long seat post, extending the saddle height up to 19 in.
- Puncture-proof EVA polymer tires
- Engineered ultralight molded wheels
- Maximum rider weight: 27 kg/60 lbs.
- Premium cartridge wheel bearings
- Mini-grip handlebar with safety pad
- Ergonomically-shaped padded saddle
- Launchpad footrest with grip tape
- Handlebar :Unique 12.7mm steel handlebar is 43% smaller than standard to allow better control with tiny hands. Custom logo mini-grips are soft urethane with protective ends. Machined-aluminum quick release allows No Tools height adjustment from 46-56cm (18-22 inches).
- Wheel: Strider-exclusive, ultralight one-piece wheels sport a raised-letter, five-spoke design with 10 bearing support gussets for maximum strength at the lightest weight possible. Top-quality sealed cartridge bearings roll smooth and never need adjustment.
- Tires: EVA polymer (industrial foam) tires are super light and durable yet offer a smooth ride. Best of all, they never need air and will never go flat.
- Bar and Seat Clamps: Machined aluminum quick release allows No Tools saddle height adjustment from 28-41cm (11-16 inches) for the perfect fit for your child.
- Seats: The durable, all-weather mini-saddle is designed specifically for beginning riders and their tiny hips. Smaller, narrower, and lighter than a typical saddle, this seat allows for proper riding position and posture. The Sport model also includes a padded saddle and XL seatpost to fit kids over three years and allows seat height adjustments up to 48cm (19 inches).
- Footrest: Unique, frame-integrated footrests are properly positioned directly below the saddle for natural bike balance. This position also fosters the advanced ability to stand while gliding as well as pumping and jumping the bike.
- Brake Mount: Strider-exclusive rear brake mount allows the addition of a foot-operated brake once the kids are proficiently gliding with feet on the footrests. Brake sold separately.
Note: Now includes both standard and extra-long seat posts to fit children of various heights.